Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 700/B/Ser II Transformers

Screw it

700/B/Ser II Transformers

Anybody know the Specs on the 700B/Ser II transformers? If a guy wanted to find a replacement (does NOT have to be the same form factor i.e... Torroid can be used) that will do the same job??? Secondary meter output is not necessary but would be cool. Any Ideas?
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    I'd say Ed would have the answer to that question. I wondered the same thing in the past if you have one that is buzzing or dead. If you still have Bob Carver's auction link, you might ask him also. Lets just hope he does not tell you they are adamantine though LOL. I think you would have to find one in the 600-700VAC range though right? A 600VAC one will give you 350wpc from what I am reading
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Get a couple 1000 volt/amp toroids with 120 volt primaries and a ceter tapped 162 volt secondary. Rectified voltage should be +,-, 113vdc...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Screw it
    Get a couple 1000 volt/amp toroids with 120 volt primaries and a ceter tapped 162 volt secondary. Rectified voltage should be +,-, 113vdc...
    Thanks Lee, I only had some tranny's made of kryptonite with vaporlock secondary's...... I used them to make a million watt amp built in a band aid box..... Made the speakers from reinforced Cracker Jack boxes with 25" woffers.....
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Screw it
    get a couple? What, one for each channel?? Naw, should be just one for both channels like the tranny's we use now right???

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Administrator
    Joe and I discussed this years ago and I think, THINK, they are 1.5kva, so a couple would be good. Have separate caps and rectifier , then parallel AFTER the rectifier. The 700 should double down into 4 ohms, but can't, runs outta gas....
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Administrator
    I'm sure you can get whtever size toroid you wanted, found 4 pretty cheap a couple yerars ago for the monster monos, gonna have to build those one of these days. Check Apex jr.com

Screw it
    Yeah, been wanting to build a HUGE monster amp. Just for shits and grins. I been looking at skizmo's on the net but you know how that goes. Probably sound like the guy from Tull in the first part of Aqualung.... I would hate to use a layout just to find out it sucks. I'm not an engineer but I did stay at a flea-bag the other night..... Gotta be analog. Tubes in my book are over rated. They sure look cool though. Hell, maybe with the leftover lights from decorating the tree I can just spruce up a WOPL....

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Administrator
    Yeppers....

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    Joe and I discussed this years ago and I think, THINK, they are 1.5kva, so a couple would be good. Have separate caps and rectifier , then parallel AFTER the rectifier. The 700 should double down into 4 ohms, but can't, runs outta gas....
    Just what the doctor ordered!!!
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car