Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 700/B/Ser II Transformers

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    You need center tapped secondaries to get a plus and minus rail voltage. Half of your secondary voltage X 1.4 , minus 1 volt , will be a close estimate for rail voltage...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    Perry and Lee, anything here usable?

http://www.lcmagnetics.com/transform...p-transformer/

L/C Magnetics is a leader in manufacturing custom transformers, inductors, and current limiting reactors. We design and build a wide variety of magnetic components per specific customer requirements.

"I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car

Administrator
    I bought 4 of those Keen-Ocean toroids for the monster monos. I mocked up the power supply for one channel and it stabilized at plus/minus 115 vdc ...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Northwinds View Post
    Perry and Lee, anything here usable?

http://www.lcmagnetics.com/transform...p-transformer/

L/C Magnetics is a leader in manufacturing custom transformers, inductors, and current limiting reactors. We design and build a wide variety of magnetic components per specific customer requirements.

I think Antek would be a better source...

Old 'Arn Enthusiast
    I bought 4 of those Keen-Ocean toroids for the monster monos. I mocked up the power supply for one channel and it stabilized at plus/minus 115 vdc ...
    You cannot go above 125v per rail and that is pushing it.

Administrator
    10-4 Sir Joe...

Screw it
    Lee
    You used 2 toroids and rectifiers per channel and paralleled the rails?

1 pair of caps or 4?
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Administrator
    1 pair per toroid....

Screw it
    1 pair per toroid....
    Lee, I got a stack of those toroidals. Just got to find a pair of suitable aluminum cases that will look nice and match a pair of amps. Each box will have to fit 4 Caps and 2 toroids with associated rectifiers and wiring (maybe a fan).
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

---
    Perry what part number are the units you bought. Where did you get them from
    let us know

thanks in advance
    try the Lightening Bolt WOPL 1000 for a hair lifting experience today

Warning !!! Use only when you want to blown the town down

proud father of the only WOPL Fully Comp dual 500