Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 700/B/Ser II Transformers

Screw it
    Damn, that's gonna be a big Amp enclosure........
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Nope, standard chassis for each channel with an outboard power supply for each one...4 enclosures...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

---
    Perry if 850 watts or so at 8ohms is enough for your needs I have some control boards the convert a phase linear into doubled output in mono. Two boards one in each of two PL amps give you 859-900 watts each channel. So you can use both as a stereo or mono. I have some boards. This is the same set up as your buddy Bob put in the Carver c-500. Pm me if want more info.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0337.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	27393  
    try the Lightening Bolt WOPL 1000 for a hair lifting experience today

Warning !!! Use only when you want to blown the town down

proud father of the only WOPL Fully Comp dual 500

Screw it
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Get a couple 1000 volt/amp toroids with 120 volt primaries and a ceter tapped 162 volt secondary. Rectified voltage should be +,-, 113vdc...
    That sounds like a custom wind (Cha-Ching) at the transformer shop. A 120 to 230 step up is fairly common, a 120 to 162??? Lee, why 162 and not 200???
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Administrator
    Because you're getting close to the swing voltage total of 250 for the 21196's, and that's what the guy had for 29.95 each....
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Screw it
    No luck Lee finding anything REMOTELY close to 120VAC Primary with a Secondary in the area of 120VAC-160VAC with center taps

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Screw it
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    I'm sure you can get whtever size toroid you wanted, found 4 pretty cheap a couple yerars ago for the monster monos, gonna have to build those one of these days. Check Apex jr.com
    Lee, did those have a manufacturer and a part # on them??? I cant find nothing.

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Administrator
    That link to Apex jr, then click on the toroid pic, manufacturer is Keen-Ocean....

Screw it
    Those are cheap ($29.00) and MADE in cina. their site sux, not much for specs no datasheet. I hate to but that stuff when I can't research it. Keen-Ocean has a shitty site too in Hong Dong Kong. Nothing but a picture of a transformer.

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Screw it
    That would give me just a bit over stock tranny (I got 108 VDC + and 108- VDC rails on this wopl)

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play