Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RokBlok

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    That's hardly new idea anyway, back in the 70s they had one that looked like a Volkswagen bus, you can still find them on eBay for $50 and up
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car

Quote Originally Posted by Fishoz View Post
    Hey Doug!!!!

If I'm crate digging I rarely even look at the album because I refuse to pay >$1 for anything in a crate. If it's crap I just use it for BB gun targets.
    You're sposed to do what the kids do, heat them and make ashtrays to smoke yer weed.

I guess that Swan Song label is pretty cool when you got Mother Nature in Zig-Zag.

Brought to you by...improved OLD AGE! Whatever you want, Old Age has got it, get your own, and get off my property! Crazy kids!

Always learning!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northwinds View Post
    That's hardly new idea anyway, back in the 70s they had one that looked like a Volkswagen bus, you can still find them on eBay for $50 and up
    I saw that on American Pickers.....blew milk through my nose when they bought it.
    Oppo BDP-83, Pro-Ject 1Xpression III, Pro-Ject Speed Box S, Cambridge Audio Azur 651P, Acurus L10, LL WOPL 400, B & W 808's.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwinds View Post
    Cheapest record at any record shop in CT is $8-10 and that's for scratched shit. Our local fleamarket has vendors selling records from $3-5 for poor condition up to $100+ for choice clean titles

Some of the record shops have $1-2 bins but the records are warped or look like a cat did a burnout on them, torn marked up covers etc.... sometimes wrong record in the sleeve LOL
    If you wait for somebody to die around here it will end up at Youth Ranch Thrift Stores, and not just Mantovani and 101 Strings anymore. It also tends to be in decent shape and a buck per LP in the album (2-LP $2 etc) and you've been listening to a few of the songs in your Phoenix Christmas albums for five holiday seasons now.

I still recommend looking through the listings at shugarecords.com (actual physical store in Chicago as well). Sometimes you will be surprised. The customer service is pretty good as well. The guy that started the company had some really bad times and started selling his record collection, this led to new and used sales, eBay and his own website. He will also make a deal with you now and then. He moved from Minneapolis to Chicago 2-3 years ago and it always sounds like they are really busy there when I call. I like those sorts of stories.
    Brought to you by...improved OLD AGE! Whatever you want, Old Age has got it, get your own, and get off my property! Crazy kids!

Victim of the record bug since age five
    blew milk through my nose when they bought it.
    That's an abnormal place for a mammary gland. I'd see a surgeon as quickly as possible!

I saw that on American Pickers.....blew milk through my nose when they bought it.
    Don't laugh, they really do track the record well. Somebody was really smart (or stoned) when they engineered that

Quote Originally Posted by MarkWComer View Post
    That's an abnormal place for a mammary gland. I'd see a surgeon as quickly as possible!
    They finally closed down the sex show theater that ran next to Ghirardelli Square for years in San Francisco so your talents have fewer employment opportunities.

Spare me from your need of emotional rescue
    Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    They finally closed down the sex show theater that ran next to Ghirardelli Square for years in San Francisco so your talents have fewer employment opportunities.
    What sex show venue was near Ghirardelli Square?
    | WOPL | Sony ES | B&W | Rotel | MoFi | AT | Denon | SoundMagic | Ultrasone | Cobalt Cable | PS Audio | Signet | Teac |

What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist. .... Salman Rushdie

The Mitchell Brothers O'Farrell theatre. It was actually in the Tenderloin, but we were all hicks from a tiny farm town on a high school club summer field trip at the time and that new disease was killing at least ten people a day by then.

I was only 16 then, saw it in a magazine or online years later.

I heard they shut it down, I may be wrong.

And I DO stand corrected, a person who would know told me...still engineering stress factors on poles.
    Last edited by orange; 12-07-2016 at 07:48 PM.

I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
    That thing is a hoot! Are we supposed to kick money in with no explanation of how it works? The part of the site where they "explain" the prototype does not work right. Will it track a 12-inch 45 rpm record?
    What an elder can see sitting down, a youth cannot see standing up. [old Yoruba proverb]
    Look! Isn't that Uncle Patrel in a...in a taxi?! [3Mustaphas3]
    But...you keep looking over your shoulder...to see if I am ​there... [Curved Air]
    Who gives water to a goose as the land brightens for the morning of its slaughter? [Egyptian, Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor]
    ...more dust bunnies than a desert bordello... [Orange]
    Aziz...LIGHT! [Professor Pacoli, Fifth Element]