Thread: Nice entry level TT

Always learning!

Nice entry level TT

If anyone interest...Soundstagedirect.com - $299. Nice table to get you started - in their demo sales. I have purchased from them with satisfaction. Good price.

Rega RP1 Turntable (Grey) (On Sale)

by Rega

Add product to the cart
    0% Financing for 6 months
    $445.00 $299.00

- See more at: http://www.soundstagedirect.com/rega....FY0mAKyy.dpuf
    Oppo BDP-83, Pro-Ject 1Xpression III, Pro-Ject Speed Box S, Cambridge Audio Azur 651P, Acurus L10, LL WOPL 400, B & W 808's.

Or a nice Music Hall MMF-2.2. Originally $450.00 now can be had for $299. from several different sellers, but Music Direct is a good company, and shipping is free..

Sutton Rigg

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Larry gave me one of those......and yes , it felt and sounded like a 300 turntable...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

---
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Larry gave me one of those......and yes , it felt and sounded like a 300 turntable...
    the music hall or rega?
    Phase Linear 2000 - Brown dog OP amp
    Phase Linear 5000

WOPL-400
    PL-400 - White Oak caps and light board, Watts abundant DCP

Acoustat 2+2
    Pioneer HPM1500

Technics SL-D303
    Pioneer PL-530

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    The Music Hall....it had a Shure V15 III on it, don't know what stylus....it looked and felt cheap in person, and it was. But for 300.00 what can you expect....
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

New Around These Parts Lastplace's Avatar
    ---
    I have never owned one but I hear a lot of good things. The Special looks nice.

https://uturnaudio.com/collections/a...FZSIfgodmt8Fhg
    Henry Kloss (1912-2002), father of the "east coast sound" AR, KLH, Advent, Boston Acoustics...

Always learning!
    For the money I'd consider Rega or Pro-Ject. Orbit is a clone, kind of lacking in the tonearm. Other than that they got fair reviews. They did keep prices reasonable. Didn't look at the build your own section...do they have an upgraded tonearm?
    Oppo BDP-83, Pro-Ject 1Xpression III, Pro-Ject Speed Box S, Cambridge Audio Azur 651P, Acurus L10, LL WOPL 400, B & W 808's.