Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Resurrected Customized WOPL 400

---
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Nevermind, Rev C..... Check the 1 ohm resistors towards the bottom of the backplane , a couple of them act as small fuses also...
    Both out.

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Well, there ya go...

taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

---
    Well, there ya go...

Okay, I'll order the parts. But shouldn't I try to figure out what's wrong before replacing them? I don't get it. Everything was fine when I did the transistors install.

Administrator
    Something got shorted somewhere Scott...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    This is exactly why I will never attempt one of these builds, I just don't have the patience. The amp would be flying across the yard by now
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by lattiboy, post: 11205733, member: 245918
    my eyes were forced shut by the air pressure change
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car

---
    I guess that's my point. Unless I find where the short occurred, it's just going to do the same thing after I replace the parts. Obviously, the whole unit needs to come apart in order to replace pieces on the backplane boards. So how do I diagnose the problem? Any ideas?

Administrator
    Let me read through the whole thread again Scott, maybe I can get an idea...

---
    Quote Originally Posted by Northwinds View Post
    This is exactly why I will never attempt one of these builds, I just don't have the patience. The amp would be flying across the yard by now
    Well, this is just a fun project. I already have a Phase Linear system in use. This amplifier is for my own entertainment. I love projects, and I'm retired. So even when I start to get pissed, I just remind myself that I'm extremely lucky to have the time and resources to even attempt this build. I don't have any kids, no living relatives, house is paid for, girlfriend is fantastic. If I can get this one going, I have a 700 Series II I recently acquired for $0.00 I'm going to rebuild as well. The 700 is already performing like a champ, so there's no hurry. Also, I have a 3300 pre I want to rebuild. I'm just waiting for parts from Dennis. I've been waiting a long time on the parts, but that's okay. I think Dennis' life is a little nuts now. So I don't mind waiting a bit longer. He's come through a bunch of other times. It'll work out.

---
    That would be great. Thanks very much for the effort and time.

---
    Clearly this thing has to come apart. Would it be easier for me to simply post close-up photos of each component for verification?