Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Nice Acurus RL 11 Pre on the bay

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Or in this case, patience may cost you......
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Old 'Arn Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Or in this case, patience may cost you......
    I always think that too Lee. And then along comes Mary as the Association used to say...

Administrator
    Sooner or later a bargain will pop up....the lack of a phono stage will keep the price down for awhile Ima thinkin....
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Screw it
    Been so busy that I haven't even turned on the turntable. I'll probably spring for a decent Phono Pre when I bring in the RL-11 out of the Shack in the next few weeks. I didn't mind spending a few extra dollars for a primo example of the RL-11. I try to buy the best I can afford, to me settling is a waste. I'd end up replacing the substandard units anyway so I just saved till I could get what I wanted. The spread of a good unit to a very nice unit is only about a hundred bucks or so.
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Smoke and mirrors baby!
    $225 each! TWO Acurus RL-11 CL posting, hidden with other equip. I stumbled across this today. Look down to the 6th paragraph. Two RL-11's in Boulder, CO at $225 each. Taking a chance on a CL ad but if you have connections in Boulder, might be a screaming deal. Posted 18 days ago and no mention of a remote control.

https://boulder.craigslist.org/ele/5...?lang=es&cc=mx

ACURUS RL 11 PREAMP The Acurus RL-11 Preamp is a super high quality unit much sought after by knowledgeable audiophiles everywhere. These units are becoming harder to find as they are considered to be an excellent buy in the used audio market. They had a retail of $800 in 1993 when introduced. Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz. Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.06%. Signal to Noise Ratio: 95dB A Weighted. High Level Sensitivity: 60mV. Maximum Output Voltage: 8 Volts RMS. Voltage Gain as Full Volume: 17.7 dB. Input Impedance: 10K ohms. Output Impedance: 47 ohms. Record/Tape Outputs: 2 Preamp Outputs: 2. Analog Audio Inputs: 6 (Tape 1, Tape 2, Aux, Tuner, D/A, and CD). Two available at $225 each. Gently used with minor dings/scratches.

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly kevin's Avatar
    Hey... Sutton and I have contacted this cat... he is out of town right now... are we stepping on any toes ???

Administrator
    I would say dirst one to make contact is golden.....

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly kevin's Avatar
    He said he had already had several calls about them. I'd say we are out ! Especially if someone close wants them... so he doesn't have to ship. But.. Sutton told him he could dump both to one address with one payment. Time will tell.

Yeah, what Kevin said.

I hope we will get lucky. We've been on the hunt for a couple of these for a long time...
    Sutton Rigg

Always learning!
    Just for he-haws I contacted the guy with the RL-11's and offered to buy for over his pricing (with full intent on turning them over to you guys). Just heard back from him advising they have been sold. I hope you got them!
    Oppo BDP-83, Pro-Ject 1Xpression III, Pro-Ject Speed Box S, Cambridge Audio Azur 651P, Acurus L10, LL WOPL 400, B & W 808's.