Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR's me likes

If it's not broken fix it anyway

From the ID I wonder if that is 'Saipan' from AK was it?
    Nothing is misguided to it's creators, only the recipients who didn't want the expectation ruined for them.

Screw it
    Do you like them enough to pay the $500 in just shipping the guy wants? Cool though.
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    No freaking way, Cerwin Vega's all the way
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car

Screw it
    Quote Originally Posted by Northwinds View Post
    No freaking way, Cerwin Vega's all the way
    If I get rid of the Epicure 20's and the 3.0 clones I may try some D9's
    I had the nations problems figured out one night while on blah blah blah........ huh?

Big amps
    Kenner Close N Play

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Owned a pair meself, D9's definately kick some ass. At one time I had the D9's sitting in front of the k-Horns, and a pair of Heresies on top of each cornerhorn. A 400 on each Heresy, tr-amped the k-Horns with a Spec2 on the bass bins, a 400 on the mids and a small Kenwood integrated on the tweets, and a 700 on the D9's.........it got loud......
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Quote Originally Posted by WOPL Sniffer View Post
    Do you like them enough to pay the $500 in just shipping the guy wants? Cool though.
    If money was no object I would own those

Quote Originally Posted by WOPL Sniffer View Post
    If I get rid of the Epicure 20's and the 3.0 clones I may try some D9's
    They are really nice my father had a pair wish I had them but sister got ahold of them and some drunk boyfriend trashed them

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    Owned a pair meself, D9's definately kick some ass. At one time I had the D9's sitting in front of the k-Horns, and a pair of Heresies on top of each cornerhorn. A 400 on each Heresy, tr-amped the k-Horns with a Spec2 on the bass bins, a 400 on the mids and a small Kenwood integrated on the tweets, and a 700 on the D9's.........it got loud......
    Yep, if someone can't afford a K-horn set up like yours and some other Brother's on here, the D9's do an adequate job on the cheap and sound pretty good. You always know when your at their limit because the tweeter makes a little sizzle noise (they are cheap to replace if they fry). I run fast blo 5A fuses in them (just to eliminate some micro second transient that might interfere with my listening LMAO) w/ the mid and tweeter controls backed off a bit. I trust my ears to protect the speakers. It's easy to hit the sweet spot with a WOPL, you don't really need to go any louder (but most of us do anyway!!). Other then a added inner brace and some added weight, I have done nothing to mine
    Last edited by Northwinds; 09-25-2016 at 03:19 PM.
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    I agree, the D9's are a kickass speaker, lots of thump, can get a little bright on top, but otherwise good speaks...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014