Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Build my own TT isolation platform

If it's not broken fix it anyway

Build my own TT isolation platform

Going to build my own isolation platform and playing around with ideas

Here I used sheet rock for 2 layers under the bottom layer I used some gelatin type pads with thin foam in between the bottom and top layer it helped a lot but still not great but I'm thinking layers is the way to go just like the plinth is made for the TT

Playing around with a key board wrist rest gelatin pad not sure where I am going with it may be better to use it for insulation between boards instead of on the legs and use spikes for the legs...

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Experimentation is always a cool thing!!
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
    The game is all about control of micro-vibrations. My best go began with a concrete basement floor, bricks on that, a well-filled file cabinet on that, several stacked panels of MDF on that, and then the turntable. It was solid, stable and had a lot of mass.
    What an elder can see sitting down, a youth cannot see standing up. [old Yoruba proverb]
    Look! Isn't that Uncle Patrel in a...in a taxi?! [3Mustaphas3]
    But...you keep looking over your shoulder...to see if I am ​there... [Curved Air]
    Who gives water to a goose as the land brightens for the morning of its slaughter? [Egyptian, Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor]
    ...more dust bunnies than a desert bordello... [Orange]
    Aziz...LIGHT! [Professor Pacoli, Fifth Element]

This is where I am at with it can work on making it look nice once I get a winning combination...

legs will be fully isolated with soft rubber and spiked for now I will sit spikes on dimes or pennies and put the pennies on soft rubber pads as well

not sure if it can be as easy as this may need to cut the 2 pieces into 4 stuff is a pitch to cut it self repairs as you cut it

might need another layer maybe something of different composition as a middle layer...

Always learning!
    Looks good! Should be an improvement.

Figures that there has been a vendor selling marble slabs at the local flea for cheap. He had some 40lb slabs that would have worked nice. Since spiking my speaks I haven't had a problem though.
    Oppo BDP-83, Pro-Ject 1Xpression III, Pro-Ject Speed Box S, Cambridge Audio Azur 651P, Acurus L10, LL WOPL 400, B & W 808's.

---
    Have you tried a shallow box filled with sand? Just a thought.
    Some people are like slinkies; Not really good for anything, but sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of steps

Still moving in the right direction... but still not quite there yet... the woofers are not pulsating no where near as bad if much at all but when I put the bass to it with some volume it does start the feedback hum I also pulled the speakers out from the wall another 6" so they are about a foot out now... I hope this don't sound bad but... my dad passed away 20 years ago he was a vet and the va gave me a 100lb. slab of granite marker thing is he wanted to be cremated so never had a plot to place the stone on it is just sitting out in my yard now he was a music lover with pink floyd being his most favorite band... think it would be bad or disrespectful to haul that stone in clean it up and put it under my TT?

I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
    Quote Originally Posted by roccus View Post
    Still moving in the right direction... but still not quite there yet... the woofers are not pulsating no where near as bad if much at all but when I put the bass to it with some volume it does start the feedback hum I also pulled the speakers out from the wall another 6" so they are about a foot out now... I hope this don't sound bad but... my dad passed away 20 years ago he was a vet and the va gave me a 100lb. slab of granite marker thing is he wanted to be cremated so never had a plot to place the stone on it is just sitting out in my yard now he was a music lover with pink floyd being his most favorite band... think it would be bad or disrespectful to haul that stone in clean it up and put it under my TT?
    ​Good idea!
    What an elder can see sitting down, a youth cannot see standing up. [old Yoruba proverb]
    Look! Isn't that Uncle Patrel in a...in a taxi?! [3Mustaphas3]
    But...you keep looking over your shoulder...to see if I am ​there... [Curved Air]
    Who gives water to a goose as the land brightens for the morning of its slaughter? [Egyptian, Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor]
    ...more dust bunnies than a desert bordello... [Orange]
    Aziz...LIGHT! [Professor Pacoli, Fifth Element]

Always learning!
    No disrespect at all. He'll be looking down thinking what a smart kid and proud to still be a part of your life.
    Oppo BDP-83, Pro-Ject 1Xpression III, Pro-Ject Speed Box S, Cambridge Audio Azur 651P, Acurus L10, LL WOPL 400, B & W 808's.

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Yep......
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014