Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Travels of Ed

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof

The Travels of Ed

Talked to Ed awhile ago, seems he spent the day with Dave Ladely, watching Bob Carver fly control line combat aircraft. Got to talk to Dave and he has some interesting stories of LIVING with Bob Carver BEFORE PL, while still running around Seattle fixing TV's. I invited him to join and relay somne of those stories....perhaps he will....

Here's a link to a website devoted to that meet. http://flyinglines.org Bob is the bald guy and way good....pretty intense look on that guys face....
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Old 'Arn Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Talked to Ed awhile ago, seems he spent the day with Dave Ladely, watching Bob Carver fly control line combat aircraft. Got to talk to Dave and he has some interesting stories of LIVING with Bob Carver BEFORE PL, while still running around Seattle fixing TV's. I invited him to join and relay somne of those stories....perhaps he will....

Here's a link to a website devoted to that meet. http://flyinglines.org Bob is the bald guy and way good....pretty intense look on that guys face....
    I never would have guessed he was into that. Will have to give him a run with my Flite Streak

Administrator
    Me either.....you were into R/C though weren't you??
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Old 'Arn Enthusiast
    Me either.....you were into R/C though weren't you??
    both Lee. I still fly ukie from time to time

Administrator
    I'll be damned. I use to fly ukie when I was 12 years old. Had a K& B 40 on a VooDoo combat rig....Then my Dad built a Heathkit 5 channel radio, and I went into R/C. Years ago you sent a pic of the lab and on some pegboard on the wall I noticed some DuBro low bounce wheels....dead give away...

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    I have many fond memories of my Dad pancaking a Cox Miss America into a bazillion pieces on the Mayfield HS parking lot. Must have bought me 5 or 6 of then and they all lasted maybe an hour each. I still have a bigger engine and some parts kicking around from an old project
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car

Administrator
    Coolness.....

Forum Veteran
    ---

Bob Carver photos from 2015 Bladder Grabber

Follow the link below to see some photos of Bob at the 2015 Bladder Grabber. Bob lost in the championship match to the national champion Ron Colombo. I believe this was Bob's highest finish ever (finishing in second place). There is also a photo of Bob sitting next to Norm McFadden who was also a former Phase Linear employee.

http://flyinglines.org/BG.2015.html

Forum Veteran
    ---

Bladder Grabber 2015 final match between Ron Columbo and Bob Carver.

Here is a youtube video of the finals match between Bob Carver and Ron Colombo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Maq0YkAy2s

Administrator
    Thanks Ed , cool shit!!