Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Question for Ed...

Quote Originally Posted by Northwinds View Post
    Perry would probably be a good one to ask also since he bought pretty much all of them left in the World and gutted many of them to make WOPLs. Of course Ed probably ended up with all the stuff Perry pulled out so he could probably tell also. I do know the Clair's ran the Flying S4 rigs but never found out what impedance the speakers were but I believe they used one amp for each flying speaker system cab
    Ron,

Right you are. We will have to wait for Perry to chime in. I think he had both quasi and fully-comp amps as I also received a fair number of PL36 pc boards from him. If my memory serves me correct, some were set up for quasi-comp and others were fully-comp. I received as well as (17) pairs of Dale 5 ohm 50 watt resistors which would have been removed from (17) amplifiers. Needless to say, those amplifiers no longer have 5 ohm 50 watt resistors installed in them.

Probably by now you and everyone else knows I hedge my bets when I say: "If my memory serves me correct" just in case I am proven wrong. LOL!!!!! Just to be clear I meant that as a joke as no one is perfect and we can all be proven wrong from time to time.

Ed
    Last edited by oldphaser; 11-26-2017 at 04:14 PM.

Old 'Arn Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by oldphaser View Post
    Ron,

Right you are. We will have to wait for Perry to chime in. I think he had both quasi and fully-comp amps as I also received a fair number of PL36 pc boards from him. If my memory serves me correct, some were set up for quasi-comp and others were fully-comp. I received as well as (17) pairs of Dale 5 ohm 50 watt resistors which would have been removed from (17) amplifiers. Needless to say, those amplifiers no longer have 5 ohm 50 watt resistors installed in them.

Probably by now you and everyone else knows I hedge my bets when I say: "If my memory serves me correct" just in case I am proven wrong. LOL!!!!! Just to be clear I meant that as a joke as no one is perfect and we can all be proven wrong from time to time.

Ed
    Were the 5 ohm 50W resistors WW?

Quote Originally Posted by Gepetto View Post
    Were the 5 ohm 50W resistors WW?
    Joe,

The 5 ohm 50 watt resistors were Dale NH-50 series wire wound non-inductive according to the Vishay/Dale spec sheet:
    https://www.vishay.com/docs/30201/rhnh.pdf

Ed

Old 'Arn Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by oldphaser View Post
    Joe,

The 5 ohm 50 watt resistors were Dale NH-50 series wire wound non-inductive according to the Vishay/Dale spec sheet:
    https://www.vishay.com/docs/30201/rhnh.pdf

Ed
    Thanks Ed...

FTC "Amplifier Rule" & Dynaco's 2 Page Ad in "The Audio Amateur" 4/1974

On October 16, 2018 americanradiohistorymuseum added (98) issues of "The Audio Amateur" from 1970 to 1999 https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Audio_Amateur.htm

I went through every issue. There are many interesting articles.

I found an ad that Dynaco took out to be interesting as it relates to the FTC amplifier rule and 1/3rd power, etc.........
    https://www.americanradiohistory.com...eur-1974-4.pdf see pages 28, 29
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Audio-Amateur-1974-4 Dynaco Ad_FTC.pdf  
    Last edited by oldphaser; 10-21-2018 at 12:44 PM.