Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PTFE Insulated Stranded Silver-Plated Wire

PTFE Insulated Stranded Silver-Plated Wire

I've been wanting to offer this for a while so I've spent a bit of time gathering the various wire gauges and kitting it up for this purpose. I have a collection of Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) wire that I'm offering for sale at what my replacement cost will run for 1000 foot lengths. My goal is two fold. One is to provide really nice wire to the community and the other is to restock with one wire type that I prefer. At least half of what I have now is M22759/11-AWG-Color (0-9) and that is what I will be getting in future buys. My pricing is replacement cost plus a penny or two per foot as I cut these a bit over 10 feet. This is top notch stuff.

The single conductor insulated wire will be sold in packages of 10 colors in 10 feet lengths (unless noted) for each color so the cost per gauge will be 100 times the cost per foot. The colors are black, brown, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet, gray and white.

26 AWG - 0.13 per foot - $13.00
    24 AWG - 0.15 per foot - $15.00
    22 AWG - 0.17 per foot - $17.00
    20 AWG - 0.21 per foot - $21.00
    18 AWG - 0.32 per foot - $32.00
    16 AWG - 0.38 per foot - $38.00

I have four colors for 14 gauge wire - black, red, orange and white. I just received my red for Fred wire.
    14 AWG - 0.62 per foot - $24.80 (four colors in 10 foot lengths)

I now have five colors of 12 gauge wire - black, red, green, blue and white. This is some seriously big ass wire.
    12 AWG - 0.84 per foot - $42.00 (four colors in 10 foot lengths)

20 AWG Twisted Shielded Pair - 0.89 per foot - $8.90 (ten foot length)
    20 AWG Shielded Single Conductor - 0.52 per foot - $5.20 (ten foot length)

I also have single conductor shielded wire in 22 and 24 gauge. In addition I have 22 and 24 AWG Twisted Shielded PTFE cable. I'll get it all priced out if anyone has a need for this type and gauge of wire.

Let me know if there is any interest in shrink tubing - I have several sizes in black and white at the moment.

Shipping will be USPS Flat Rate box.

Medium box cost is $13.60
    Small box cost is $7.15

PayPal FF is best. We'll work via PMs.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks - Nav
    Last edited by NavLinear; 01-25-2017 at 11:06 PM. Reason: USPS Flat Rate Increase
    If you get offended by the jokes and comments on here, go ahead and blame your parents... for raising a pussy.

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Dennis, wonderful of you to do this.....I bet ya feel lioke a crack dealer before it's done@!
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

---
    Awesome Nav. I'll take one package of each gauge 22 AWG to 14 AWG. Just let me know the total and what email to paypal to. Thanks man. You rock!

Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Dennis, wonderful of you to do this.....I bet ya feel lioke a crack dealer before it's done@!
    Thanks Lee. You just might be right about the crack dealer. This is great stuff.
    If you get offended by the jokes and comments on here, go ahead and blame your parents... for raising a pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by FredR View Post
    Awesome Nav. I'll take one package of each gauge 22 AWG to 14 AWG. Just let me know the total and what email to paypal to. Thanks man. You rock!
    Thanks Fred - I'll PM you with the particulars.

So what are the common gauges used in the PL 400 and 700B amps?

Administrator
    24, 22, 20, 16....
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    24, 22, 20, 16....
    thanks

Administrator
    Yeppers...

Photos of Wire

Here are some photos of the wire.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0264.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	17164   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0265.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	17165   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0266.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	17166