Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rick Stout has done something AMAZING!!!!

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly kevin's Avatar
    That's right !!!!!! Aint it just beautiful !!!!!

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Quote Originally Posted by Skynyrd77 View Post
    Lmao. No wonder he was so partial to your avatar!!!
    Well yeah!! That was one of the California twins!! 100.00 each, shipping included...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

lost in my own world
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Well yeah!! That was one of the California twins!! 100.00 each, shipping included...
    What 100$ each. Are you kidding!! Damn. I never heard about that deal. Wow
    need a couple more of those deals to pop up lmao!!!
    WOPL1000(Jessica)PL P3600 Pre,PEACHTREE DAC-ITX,WIREWORLD SPEAK WIRE,AUDIOQUEST AND KIMBER IC'S,HEAVY MODD'ED CERWIN VEGA DX-7'S,TECHNICS SP-15 TT,UTURN ORBIT PLUS,

WOPL 400(Bertha) for good measure.

I know if ya borrow out your tools or old lady they all come back fucked...LEE 2014

I figure if I'm not living on the edge I'm taking up too much space!! Nelson 2014

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    That was a few years ago a d u had to buy 7 other pieces to make the deal.
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Forum Veteran and Hillbilly kevin's Avatar
    I know one thing !!!! That amp has been resting since the day I got it !!!! But here in a few weeks it will be seeing alot more of that red !!!! HEHEHE !!!!

Moderate in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Many of the files one can download from HiFi Engine are precisely the same as can be found any number of places. One of the things I was "trying" to explain in my Pioneer PDL Library "novel"... is that MOST of the pdf files from MOST of the major companies were produced BY THOSE COMPANIES.... not HiFi Engine, not Elektrotanya, etc. etc.

The crooked pages and such were errors made by the folks working for Pioneer when they originally scanned their paper manuals. They were mass scanned by machines with tractor feeds and done at high speed. I KNOW this because about 10 years ago, I gained access directly into Pioneer, Sony, Hitachi, Panasonic (and others) authorized technicians service site. At that time (and over months of time), I mass downloaded everything I could find.

Those PRECISE SAME FILES are what you now find all over the internet on many various sites.

HiFi Engine DOES very often do things to the file on the site that is different that other sites. Sometimes it results in some files being easier to read/use and sometimes makes them worse. I will post another message here in this thread that I wrote to one of the yahoo audio groups that will explain the HiFi Engine problems better (as I see it).
    Could be. I was under the impression that the crooked or dirty manuals on Hifi are because people have scanned their paper manuals at home and uploaded them. I have uploadeed about a dozen or so to HIFI and they are all pdfs that I scanned at home from my paper manuals.
    Too much gear too little time.

My independence as well as Impedance seems to vanish in the haze. Resistance is futile. Admittance is emitted from the far side of the haze and generally good when applying to colleges.

Disappointment haunted All my dreams, Lastly through a hogshead of real fire.

I am underloved, underfed, I wanna go home.

Whiskey bottles, brand new cars and Yweblwrs....

Oh, I like coffee and I like tea
    I'd like to be able to crank up a 700B
    I still got this woofer that you just can't shake
    I love to power it to the point it can no longer take
    Well all right okay, so be that way
    I hope and pray that there's something left to play

Rick, theman1
    Quote Originally Posted by Web Police View Post
    Could be. I was under the impression that the crooked or dirty manuals on Hifi are because people have scanned their paper manuals at home and uploaded them. I have uploadeed about a dozen or so to HIFI and they are all pdfs that I scanned at home from my paper manuals.
    NOT trying to sound nasty... "could be" isn't in the equation. But I'm sure that your impression is the same that is believed by most folks. i.e. some nice guy scanning their paper manual and sharing it with the world. Yes that certainly does happen and it is a great thing for them to have done it.

But the simple truth is that the vast majority of the files that can be found for the major companies were produced by the companies themselves. Pulling a figure out of my ass... I'd say that of all the Pioneer pdf files that you can find anywhere in the world... probably 95% were produced by Pioneer.

As an aside, if whatever you uploaded was better than what I may have already had, or they had some portions that were better, then "your work" is probably incorporated into my files.