Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What cartridge are you using?

---
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaH View Post
    Hey Tasuke, do you happen to know what table those Pio headshells come from. I have one of those too on my PL 71, but I think its not the correct shell for the table.
    the two Pio models are for the PL-112D/-115D/-117D series, and possibly the PL-510A as well.

the other is from a KENWOOD i briefly had in between the REALISTIC i had before and the Pio PL-112D i have now...

(BTW; if anyone has a copy of this type of headshell lying around that they don't mind parting with, please let me know. it would be kinda nice to have a matched set...)

Last edited by Master Tasuke; 06-25-2014 at 02:05 PM.
    Catch the Spirit of a True ΩPIONEER

Administrator
    (and straight-up pimp stick!)
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaH View Post
    Thanks for the offer Nando. While I dont necessarily "need' one, the match for the PL71 table would be a beautiful thing.

Are you looking forward to getting the ES deck back Nando?
    Quote Originally Posted by premiumplus View Post
    Ben, Nando....my PL-71 has the one that you say it is, the one on the far right, black w/ circular silver "Pioneer" logo.
    Thanks, Dave.

Ben: I just spoke to Gordon at IA, after work, today. Someone else may be on the hunt for the same head shell, as he was sure they received a call, today, about whether there was one at the store. Unfortunately, nothing available just, yet.

Nando.

Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
    I'm using a humble Ortofon OM10, because I'm poor. However it still puts a smile on my dial. Eyeing off an Audio Technica AT440MLa for the future.
    Amp: White Oaked Phase Linear 700b / Preamp: Phase Linear P 3600 / Speakers: JBL 4311b / Cassette: Nakamichi BX-300 / RTR: Teac X-10R / Phono Pre: Cambridge Audio 651p / Phono: Thorens TD 160 Super / Thorens TD 165 / 300 CD Changers (2x): Sony CDP-CX355/CDP-CX350 / VHS Hi-Fi: National NV-850 / Beta Hi-Fi: Sanyo VTC-M40
    http://www.youtube.com/user/gato92994 / Other Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg6...dJ2Bu_sX_M0M5w

I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
    Quote Originally Posted by derek92994 View Post
    I'm using a humble Ortofon OM10, because I'm poor. However it still puts a smile on my dial. Eyeing off an Audio Technica AT440MLa for the future.
    I used to have one of those on a Dual ULM-series TT. I liked it.
    What an elder can see sitting down, a youth cannot see standing up. [old Yoruba proverb]
    Look! Isn't that Uncle Patrel in a...in a taxi?! [3Mustaphas3]
    But...you keep looking over your shoulder...to see if I am ​there... [Curved Air]
    Who gives water to a goose as the land brightens for the morning of its slaughter? [Egyptian, Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor]
    ...more dust bunnies than a desert bordello... [Orange]
    Aziz...LIGHT! [Professor Pacoli, Fifth Element]

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus Short View Post
    I used to have one of those on a Dual ULM-series TT. I liked it.
    I like mine too, the only thing it lacks is superior inner groove tracking, depending on the record of course.
    Amp: White Oaked Phase Linear 700b / Preamp: Phase Linear P 3600 / Speakers: JBL 4311b / Cassette: Nakamichi BX-300 / RTR: Teac X-10R / Phono Pre: Cambridge Audio 651p / Phono: Thorens TD 160 Super / Thorens TD 165 / 300 CD Changers (2x): Sony CDP-CX355/CDP-CX350 / VHS Hi-Fi: National NV-850 / Beta Hi-Fi: Sanyo VTC-M40
    http://www.youtube.com/user/gato92994 / Other Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg6...dJ2Bu_sX_M0M5w

I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
    Quote Originally Posted by derek92994 View Post
    I like mine too, the only thing it lacks is superior inner groove tracking, depending on the record of course.
    Are you sure that's not an alignment issue?
    What an elder can see sitting down, a youth cannot see standing up. [old Yoruba proverb]
    Look! Isn't that Uncle Patrel in a...in a taxi?! [3Mustaphas3]
    But...you keep looking over your shoulder...to see if I am ​there... [Curved Air]
    Who gives water to a goose as the land brightens for the morning of its slaughter? [Egyptian, Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor]
    ...more dust bunnies than a desert bordello... [Orange]
    Aziz...LIGHT! [Professor Pacoli, Fifth Element]

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus Short View Post
    Are you sure that's not an alignment issue?
    100% sure, I spent 4 hours aligning my Thorens TD 160 Super, my eyes were killing me after that exercise.

---
    though i'd be quite content with just the PL-510A depicted, i wouldn't much mind taking immediate possession of both those items there, either...

Catch the Spirit of a True ΩPIONEER

Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
    Shure V15 type II w/ Shure Super Track
    Shure V15 type IV w/ Jico SAS

I have a few other brands kicking around but they see no use, I like the V15's best
    "I really can't begin to describe what happens at that frequency when you hit that SPL, but it's serious. We saw a mouse stagger out of a crack in the concrete floor and die"
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Yweblwrs...
    Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd77
    The only toilet I have seen that didnt swirl was in a trailor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWOPLwhiffer View Post
    now I need a Dim Bulb Tester to test my Dim Bulb Tester
    An audiophile is someone who's stereo is worth more than his car

Quote Originally Posted by Master Tasuke View Post
    the two Pio models are for the PL-112D/-115D/-117D series, and possibly the PL-510A as well.

the other is from a KENWOOD i briefly had in between the REALISTIC i had before and the Pio PL-112D i have now...

(BTW; if anyone has a copy of this type of headshell lying around that they don't mind parting with, please let me know. it would be kinda nice to have a matched set...)

Is the dust brush attached to the headshell?