Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What cartridge are you using?

Administrator
    (and straight-up pimp stick!)
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaH View Post
    Hey Tasuke, do you happen to know what table those Pio headshells come from. I have one of those too on my PL 71, but I think its not the correct shell for the table.
    Ben: Do you have an image of the correct headshell for your PL-71's tonearm?

Nando.

---
    I believe it is the right most HS in this pic,

or possibly, this one, in a silver color.

Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    And an evening sitting on the bed getting your hair parted by a WOPL.....
    Trust in Allah, and tie up your camel.

Administrator
    Thanks, Ben. I will see if Innovative Audio has one kicking around. Geri will be possibly going there on Saturday, July 5th to pick up my Sony TC-K950ES cassette deck. I gave one of the early Pioneer headshells with the button insignia a few years back to a member who needed one for his Pioneer turntable.

Nando.

---
    Thanks for the offer Nando. While I dont necessarily "need' one, the match for the PL71 table would be a beautiful thing.

Are you looking forward to getting the ES deck back Nando?
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    And an evening sitting on the bed getting your hair parted by a WOPL.....
    Trust in Allah, and tie up your camel.

Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
    What did you have done to the ES deck? Hope it comes back with great performance.
    Amp: White Oaked Phase Linear 700b / Preamp: Phase Linear P 3600 / Speakers: JBL 4311b / Cassette: Nakamichi BX-300 / RTR: Teac X-10R / Phono Pre: Cambridge Audio 651p / Phono: Thorens TD 160 Super / Thorens TD 165 / 300 CD Changers (2x): Sony CDP-CX355/CDP-CX350 / VHS Hi-Fi: National NV-850 / Beta Hi-Fi: Sanyo VTC-M40
    http://www.youtube.com/user/gato92994 / Other Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg6...dJ2Bu_sX_M0M5w

Administrator
    Ben: If I can find the proper head shell, I will send it your way. I love that PL-71 of yours.

All that was needed was a mode belt and apparently a spring was missing from the cassette door mechanism. The spring was unavailable, so Brian, the technician at IA, hand-fabricated one. I can't wait to get it back because it's like being teased with what I've heard so far before the repairs.

Nando.

In SE Iowa, I'm running a Grado Sonata. Sounds nice.

I love BIG amplifiers!
    I'm using Ortofon "Super OM-30" that is slowly becoming obsolete nowadays. I found a major improvement over OM-10, a lot more detailed in mid/high freq. and less distorted sound on previously heavily used LP's... Details here: http://ortofon.com/images/stories/st...2030_20_10.pdf
    ----
    WOPL 1000? Careful, careful, careful with that axe, Eugene.....

---
    On my Audio Technica table I mainly use the one that came with it, Audio Technica AT120, not a bad cart but I really want to upgrade it to a particular Shure cart I keep eyeballing. I also have a Pickering V15 with both the 33 & a 78 stylus which I mainly just use to play 78's with.

The other working turntable in my main music room is a BSR thats in a Zenith Allegro console radio, it has a cheap tetrad stylus. I mainly just play 45's on that one for the changer.

Stuck in the 70's
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaH View Post
    I believe it is the right most HS in this pic,

or possibly, this one, in a silver color.

Ben, Nando....my PL-71 has the one that you say it is, the one on the far right, black w/ circular silver "Pioneer" logo.
    -Dave-

Main: SAE 2100L Preamp, Dahlquist DQ LP-1 Active Crossover into (2) Phase Linear 700B (WOPL-1000), Dahlquist DQ-10 w/ DQ-1W Low Freq Modules, dbx 400X program route selector, SAE 2800 Parametric EQ, dbx 3BXds, PL-1000 Autocorrelator, dbx 120. Oppo BDP-105, Pioneer PL-71 (Shure M97eX), Teac 1230, Teac 888-X, Pioneer TX-7500 tuner.
    Bedroom: Pioneer SX-1250, Boston Acoustics A-200, dbx dx-5 CD player, SAE 2800, dbx 3BX.
    Bench: Soundcraftsmen PE-2217, PL-400, Pioneer DV-45A, HPM-100, KLH23.