Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lambert Timekeepers

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Quote Originally Posted by NavLinear View Post
    No - they came that way. I'll have to pull the driver to see what it is but these have a longer throw compared to most speakers. It compensates for a smaller diameter. Longer throw makes up for a smaller pole - or so I'm told.
    Nothin beats a large pole with a long throw...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Here's some pillows to rest your head on Ron.
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Nothin beats a large pole with a long throw...
    That's what she said. I think she's in a bit of pain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bad-ideas-07_20_12-920-45.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	14918  
    If you get offended by the jokes and comments on here, go ahead and blame your parents... for raising a pussy.

Administrator
    So....did you ever fix these Navo???
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

I replaced the broken input jack but not the surround. The surround has a small piece missing so it's not as bad as I made it out to be. The surround is not breaking down - it looks more like something bumped into it. I've listened to the speakers and they sound great and the bass is surprisingly good. I haven't pushed them much but at low to moderate listening levels they reproduce the sound quite well. I do need to find out what surround works best with the driver as it has a longer excursion than most.
    If you get offended by the jokes and comments on here, go ahead and blame your parents... for raising a pussy.

Administrator
    Can't believe you didn't follow up on this.....

Are they everything you thought they would be??

---
    Dennis check out this site. I will be getting some from them soon and can pick
    up what you need. Remember the price is almost free, they are in Canadian dollars. I have searched the Internet and this seams to be the best and it is in my town, sort of.

http://www.mainelectronics.com/surround.htm
    Last edited by grapplesaw; 08-06-2016 at 09:38 PM.
    try the Lightening Bolt WOPL 1000 for a hair lifting experience today

Warning !!! Use only when you want to blown the town down

proud father of the only WOPL Fully Comp dual 500

I really did not know what to expect but I'm quite happy with them. I read that the response is from 55 Hz to 25 kHz. The small woofs actually do a decent job. They don't need a lot of power tho... I think you just motivated me to find the correct surround to fix the broken one and get an extra or three to get these up to full speed.