Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybidy got Schiit in their system?

If Laz had any Shiit he's be fixing and modding it all the time like the rest of us.
    Brought to you by...improved OLD AGE! Whatever you want, Old Age has got it, get your own, and get off my property! Crazy kids!

---
    you ain't got Schiit on me, man. i didn't buy a single one...
    Catch the Spirit of a True ΩPIONEER

I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
    Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    If Laz had any Shiit he's be fixing and modding it all the time like the rest of us.
    Actually, I have the Fishers to re-tweeter, and have to decide on the EPI goldrings or the (recently acquired) Radio Shack dipoles.
    What an elder can see sitting down, a youth cannot see standing up. [old Yoruba proverb]
    Look! Isn't that Uncle Patrel in a...in a taxi?! [3Mustaphas3]
    But...you keep looking over your shoulder...to see if I am ​there... [Curved Air]
    Who gives water to a goose as the land brightens for the morning of its slaughter? [Egyptian, Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor]
    ...more dust bunnies than a desert bordello... [Orange]
    Aziz...LIGHT! [Professor Pacoli, Fifth Element]

I don't have any genuine Shiit hooked up to be honest.
    Brought to you by...improved OLD AGE! Whatever you want, Old Age has got it, get your own, and get off my property! Crazy kids!

Always learning!

Schiit Mani

OK - a buddy brought over his new Schiit Mani Phono Pre the other day just to compare to my Cambridge. Have to admit for what it cost it is a nice little pre. Yes there was a difference, a bit lacking on the bass but not muddled. Handled the mids very distinctly, a lot of detail. The highs were a bit bright but again detailed. I probably would have been happy throwing this on my system at first without hearing the Cambridge but I do like the Cambridge a bit more. For the money I would say the Mani is a good bet. You do have to play with the switches a bit depending on your cartridge, had to crank it to about one o'clock to reach the listening level at 11:00 on the Cambridge...not sure why.
    Oppo BDP-83, Pro-Ject 1Xpression III, Pro-Ject Speed Box S, Cambridge Audio Azur 651P, Acurus L10, LL WOPL 400, B & W 808's.

Smoke and mirrors baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishoz View Post
    OK - a buddy brought over his new Schiit Mani Phono Pre the other day just to compare to my Cambridge. Have to admit for what it cost it is a nice little pre. Yes there was a difference, a bit lacking on the bass but not muddled. Handled the mids very distinctly, a lot of detail. The highs were a bit bright but again detailed. I probably would have been happy throwing this on my system at first without hearing the Cambridge but I do like the Cambridge a bit more. For the money I would say the Mani is a good bet. You do have to play with the switches a bit depending on your cartridge, had to crank it to about one o'clock to reach the listening level at 11:00 on the Cambridge...not sure why.
    I had the same issue when I got my Mani. Fiddled with the switches some and got the gain boosted to the next level. My rooms a fairly damp (not bright) environment so it's working good for me in there. Tuff to beat for the price!!