Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Worthy Antenna

I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Thanks for the trouble fitz!!
    Yup, X2, but that write-up may be over my head.
    What an elder can see sitting down, a youth cannot see standing up. [old Yoruba proverb]
    Look! Isn't that Uncle Patrel in a...in a taxi?! [3Mustaphas3]
    But...you keep looking over your shoulder...to see if I am ​there... [Curved Air]
    Who gives water to a goose as the land brightens for the morning of its slaughter? [Egyptian, Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor]
    ...more dust bunnies than a desert bordello... [Orange]
    Aziz...LIGHT! [Professor Pacoli, Fifth Element]

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    That was far enough over my head the missing 777 could have traversed and never seen it..
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus Short View Post
    Yup, X2, but that write-up may be over my head.
    It was over mine as well, but I'd always rather have too much than a description that still leaves you wanting.

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    You accomplidhed your goal!
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

A bit of news...some time back, I bought a BIC Beambox at an audio meet, and was not impressed. Tried to sell it, but still have it. The other day, I set up the Proton 300/301 in the upstairs living room, and tried the AN200. No good. So...I tried the BIC. Very nice! Kansas Public Radio from Lawrence is coming in just fine, and that is about 55 miles away!
    What an elder can see sitting down, a youth cannot see standing up. [old Yoruba proverb]
    But...you keep looking over your shoulder...to see if I am ​there... [Curved Air]
    Who gives water to a goose as the land brightens for the morning of its slaughter? [Egyptian, Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor]

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus Short View Post
    It's so no one will think I'm just a Grundig-paid troll. Oh, wait, this is a small, tight www forum, not AK. My bad...

On second thought, I'm a member at a www forum with a much smaller membership, and we regularly get posts offering bath/bed room hardware from the UK. Go figure...
    Maybe their loos just suck compared to our plush toilet coozies, Laz.
    Forget Aerosmith! It hurts to walk ANY way some daze!

I have a very nice conventional VHF/UHF 'weather vane' I got for $20 from a Mennonite couple who don't watch TV and it gets all but one very weak UHF LP that's very hard to get as well as my FM. EVEN the station with the Spanish, classic reruns and game shows.

As for AM, I live 1/4 mile from the oldies station and they simulcast on FM as well.

Life is good.
    Forget Aerosmith! It hurts to walk ANY way some daze!

Radio is very good if there is anything worth listening to, but too much chatter, ads and news/gnus. Would you believe I'm only using my a/d/s tuner for its four power outputs? Yeah, I pulled the antenna and interconnects, but have all my non-amp gear plugged into the back of it. It may be a way of saying I'm short of power strips.

Barb and I have been in this house in Independence over four years, and I have only glanced at this antenna lead-in cable hanging from the attic over the garage. This afternoon, I pulled it down, and attached some more lead-in wire I bought many years ago to use at a rented house in West Plains. Attached to the Proton 300, it gave some really clean FM. Wow. I put the Beambox back in its box. Radio is done, and I have no idea what is up there in the attic...and I still have Radio Garden and NRK Radio.