Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Brew Al K Universal crossovers.

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    WHAT!!!!! You don't like French caps??
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Administrator
    Wow, this is embarrassing. While R & R ing the crossover I found I had the wires from the amp reversed from the right channel!!!! Talk about soundstage and bass!!!!1 JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Administrator
    SAME BASS AT HALF THE THROTTLE! OH JEEZ... got some music to listen to now my god, what an idiot!!

Old 'Arn Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    WHAT!!!!! You don't like French caps??
    I love them Lee. Just unusual to see anything that says Made in France on it these days.

Good for them...

Old 'Arn Enthusiast
    SAME BASS AT HALF THE THROTTLE! OH JEEZ... got some music to listen to now my god, what an idiot!!
    You mean we can put C6 back to its original value??

You should see the stuff I am finding in the PL4000 in terms of choking the lower frequency response.

Administrator
    Mach4 on the 400 and I'm at 121DB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe this!!! I guess if the left/right woofs arent cancelling each other out things will be a little louder!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gepetto View Post
    I love them Lee. Just unusual to see anything that says Made in France on it these days.

Good for them...

I like em too...

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gepetto View Post
    You mean we can put C6 back to its original value??

You should see the stuff I am finding in the PL4000 in terms of choking the lower frequency response.

C6 is just fine Joe...

OK why did they not concern themselves with the extreme of the FR??? Shitty sources?

Old 'Arn Enthusiast
    C6 is just fine Joe...

OK why did they not concern themselves with the extreme of the FR??? Shitty sources?
    Probably turntable rumble that produced subsonic woofer movement...but to me that is what they have low frequency rolloff filters for.

Administrator
    Among other things...