Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Audio Alchemy

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too) speakerman1's Avatar
    Wasted Days and Wasted Nights

Audio Alchemy

Well I got like 9 units yesterday. 1 is rattling. I don't have any SMs. There aren't any. LOL Power units should be coming.

Larry
    If a tree falls in the woods and there is no one to hear it. Does it make a sound? To be or not to be. Thou doth protest to much.

Re: Audio Alchemy

The power supplies should be here today or tomorrow. They were sent Priority mail. If it is like everything else I have gotten it will take weeks. LOL

Larry
    If a tree falls in the woods and there is no one to hear it. Does it make a sound? To be or not to be. Thou doth protest to much.

Well I received the power supplies. Now I have to figure which ones go where. LOL

Larry

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof

All for the DAC"s?
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

I have to figure what goes where. Some you use with the DACs. Well before the DACs. So I had to order 2 cords to tie them together. I will try and see what works and what doesn't tomorrow.

Larry

Today I'm going to test what all I can. I have to make a list of what all I have. See what is what and what I can test w/o the cords I ordered. Lee I found the one that rattles. I'm going to figure out what needs what to work. So you guys just hold on. I'll see which DACs I have. They aren't listed as DACs . I have to figure out what is what.

Larry

PS then I'll see about a surprise.

OK I didn't get any transports. I'm getting the Onix transports. Go here and read what I have. I DTI and DTI PRO, a DDE 1.0 and XDP. I have all the power supplies. Look on your CDP for outputs that aren't analog. I'm about to go play in a bit. I have one glass cable and one Coax cable. Will see if I can hook this up to my CDP.

Here is the link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_Alchemy

Larry

Hi he is also sending me some of these. Perpetual Tech P-1A and P-3A... Do a search and see what you think.

Larry

OK

I'm going to give people a chance to hear if this improves your CDP sound. Do I need to send the RCA digital cables. This is not the top of the line units. . I have the others but no I2P cables. I did order some. So Jerry you are 1st? So I will send everything needed to get it done. There will be the anti-jitter and the DAC. It can only be hooked up one way/\. And the PSUs.

Please tell me if you want to do this.

Thanks
    Larry

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof

I'm game. Had a rough week. I'll research that stuff today.
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014