Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Audio Alchemy

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof

Re: Audio Alchemy

Thought you had a Shanling thingee??
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too) speakerman1's Avatar
    Wasted Days and Wasted Nights

Re: Audio Alchemy

I do in my Creek rack. Man shall not live by shanling alone.

Larry
    If a tree falls in the woods and there is no one to hear it. Does it make a sound? To be or not to be. Thou doth protest to much.

i'm bumping this.

Web, John, Jer, Lee, do any of youse still have/use these? Where are the Perpetuals?

Great read, Lar was soooo cool and funny, man of few words, Hmmmmm!! R.I.P. bud

To those lurking and our new members, Larry was the founder of this place. Sorely missed, Lee has done a great job keeping it real and us all together. Welcome to our merry and of misfits

Oh, and where is the thread on those little D amps we tried out?
    Documented SAE Fanatic

Owner of Martin Logan Summits, aka 'The Slabs' driven by the SAE A1001

It's always the beautiful ones that smash the picture ~ Teena Marie

Huh? What?? Hmmmmmmm

I'll never get over you, you'll never get under me ~ A-Ha

To the bat cave 'stat boy wonder!!!! ~ Finebar4

If you aren't royally pissed, You are not paying attention!!!! Justice has been served as of now...

Errm... Ey Vatos!!!!
    Heyas Craig,

I still have the AA stuff laying around, but went on with better/newer generation DAC's since then. Got me an Emotiva XDA-2 running nowadays which really does digital good. The AA stuff had a weird ghost beat sound (can't really describe it) when I did some critical listening if I recall.. those things were ancient when Larry gave em to me.

Yep, still have two "x amps" sitting around here too. They were "ok" but the chips in them couldn't handle too much supply voltage i.e. good for 4 ohms or less, but not enough "EMF" to drive 8 ohm loads to any ear bleedin' levels.. they just basically hit the supply's limit and that's as good as they can put out. I can't recall what our plan was for em tho.. Lee do you recall?
    Mains - "Frankey", the WOPL'd 700 "in disguise", Backplaned With Fully Complementary Output Stage / Sansui AU-517 (Pre Only) / CV D-9's (mod'd)
    Analog - Denon DN-790R, Technics SL-Q5 Linear Tracker
    Digital - Asus Xonar ST feeding an Emotiva XDA-2 DAC running at 96K, pure digital bliss
    Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right, but Three do! - 2NU

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
    Joe redesigned the power supply to fit in the case. A special low profile toroid. It was all ready to go at one time...
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Quote Originally Posted by jbeckva View Post
    Heyas Craig,

I still have the AA stuff laying around, but went on with better/newer generation DAC's since then. Got me an Emotiva XDA-2 running nowadays which really does digital good. The AA stuff had a weird ghost beat sound (can't really describe it) when I did some critical listening if I recall.. those things were ancient when Larry gave em to me.

Yep, still have two "x amps" sitting around here too. They were "ok" but the chips in them couldn't handle too much supply voltage i.e. good for 4 ohms or less, but not enough "EMF" to drive 8 ohm loads to any ear bleedin' levels.. they just basically hit the supply's limit and that's as good as they can put out. I can't recall what our plan was for em tho.. Lee do you recall?
    If you wanna read up on the AA stuff the links appear at the bottom in the list of similar threads.
    Forget Aerosmith! It hurts to walk ANY way some daze!