Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hints and Tricks for the new software

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof

Hints and Tricks for the new software

I have one----- Check the "Remember Me" box at log-in and you won't have to log in every 15 minutes.
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Errm... Ey Vatos!!!!

Lightbulb

Here's another guys - If you go into your control panel, edit profile, at the bottom is now a field called "Tagline". Just like the old software, this will show under your avatar now in bold font.

Now, if you want, I can attempt to retrieve and preset the values back to what they were before the switchover. Good idea?
    Mains - "Frankey", the WOPL'd 700 "in disguise", Backplaned With Fully Complementary Output Stage / Sansui AU-517 (Pre Only) / CV D-9's (mod'd)
    Analog - Denon DN-790R, Technics SL-Q5 Linear Tracker
    Digital - Asus Xonar ST DAC running at 96K, pure digital bliss

You can't fight the fella ... in the Brite Nitegown - D Fagen
    Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right, but Three do! - 2NU

Administrator
    That's why I started this thread. As those things are discovered we can archive em here. Good reference stuff. Still didn't have the old forum figured out either.
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Errm... Ey Vatos!!!!
    Also notice - Forum "Titles" are in use as well, which correspond to your post count. I felt titles like "junior member".. "senior member".. etc was a wee bit "weak", so I renamed 'em. Hope you like...
    Mains - "Frankey", the WOPL'd 700 "in disguise", Backplaned With Fully Complementary Output Stage / Sansui AU-517 (Pre Only) / CV D-9's (mod'd)

Administrator
    Didn't notice that.

Errm... Ey Vatos!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Didn't notice that.
    Yeah, figured we should identify ourselves using the titles so that new folks know who's staff/can help with any major issues. But at the same time wanting to have the old "taglines" back. Figured out how to add "tagline" as another user option, and how to display it. Cool, eh?

ps.. "Stalkers, Lee !!!"... huuuuh?? whatchotalkinboutwillis?? lol

Administrator
    Joe said that after I had commented about how the "View" count shot up after Echowars posted in the original 700 White Oak it thread on AK.

Errm... Ey Vatos!!!!
    Heheh... beats "waffles n toast" eh? (I dunno why I put that there, but it sounded cool at the time)

Administrator
    Pretty lame after a couple days.

Errm... Ey Vatos!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by laatsch55 View Post
    Pretty lame after a couple days.
    Callin my "waffles n toast" lame, eh sasquatch??