Thread: Realistic Minimus 7 and 77

Realistic Minimus 7 and 77

Have been looking for a couple more Minimus 7's for some time and today I found both the 7's and its brother the 77. These look to be the first generation 7's as they have the screw terminals rather than the spring clips. The drivers look to be in great shape and the enclosures in good condition.

REally only wanted the speakers but the Realistic STA-100 reciever and some monster speaker cable and adapters came along for only a couple dollars more. Amazingly the receiver sounds Ok.

Robert

[attachment=0:3s7j3w75]IMG_0678_rs.jpg[/attachment:3s7j3w75]
    [attachment=1:3s7j3w75]IMG_0679_rs.jpg[/attachment:3s7j3w75]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0679_rs.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	175.5 KB 
ID:	4951   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0678_rs.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	208.9 KB 
ID:	4952  

Halfbiass...Electron Herder

Re: Realistic Minimus 7 and 77

That's terrible when someone throws stuff at ya like that isn't it Robert!! Good find.
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

"Keep it Simple so It's Simple to Keep" Stephen Evans--2013 " Don't trust a man who will not listen to music, for he doesn't trust his own emotions"

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

PLEASE BE POLITE!

God, I hate it when that happens. Makes my whole day and I'm all screwed up.

Glad it happened to YOU
    Living room: Pioneer SX-D7000 - PD-F907 - PL-610 - CT-F2121 - Onkyo TA-2050 - Realistic TR-884 - Phase Linear 1000 - Technics SH-8020 - Peavey MD-16 mixer - Teac A-2340 x2 - Akai GX-636 - dbx 155 Type I 4-channel - Teac AN-60 Dolby B - Homebrew 2-way Infinity cabs - Pioneer CS-A31 Video: Sony Trinitron KV-1746R - SuperBeta Hi-Fi SL-2000 - Mitsubishi U70 SVHS Hi-Fi - Pioneer DV-525 - CLD-S201 - Digital Storm DTX-9950
    Losing your mind is hard, it won't move if you evict it.

A wonderful find, Robert. I have a few Minimus 7s, too. The early ones had Pioneer drivers. I, only, know that from replacing one of the woofers with a Realistic NOS replacement.

Nando.

Thanks guys.....

The 77's have a little more bottom end (as expected) but I think the 7's are the real find. The woofer in the 77's look to be different from those in the 7's. Anyway, either will work fine in the shop so I can move my mint 7's back upstairs where they should be safe from all the nasty stuff.

Robert

Found a new home for the Realistic receiver. My brother mentioned needing something for his shop so decided to pack the receiver and some JVC speakers I found over the weekend and sent them off. I think he'll be a bit surprised later this week which is always cool. I like surprising people with stuff like this.

After cleaning up the controls and such that little receiver did pretty well for one of the low end systems. Certainly not in the same ballgame as the big guys but it could handle its little corner of the world.

Robert

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too) speakerman1's Avatar
    Wasted Days and Wasted Nights

[quote="rtp_burnsville"]Found a new home for the Realistic receiver. My brother mentioned needing something for his shop so decided to pack the receiver and some JVC speakers I found over the weekend and sent them off. I think he'll be a bit surprised later this week which is always cool. I like surprising people with stuff like this.

After cleaning up the controls and such that little receiver did pretty well for one of the low end systems. Certainly not in the same ballgame as the big guys but it could handle its little corner of the world.

Robert

Me too. You never know when or what I'm shipping. LOL

Larry
    If a tree falls in the woods and there is no one to hear it. Does it make a sound? To be or not to be. Thou doth protest to much.