Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Recording Studio Design 800B

Life is short, so take your time

Re: Recording Studio Design 800B

Sutton, Read Joe's post on forming PS caps in the PLWO section and use 1,000 - 2000uf per 10 volts of rail voltage and you should not have any problems.
    I used to get lost in the shuffle, now I shuffle amongst the lost

Thnks Skratch, I'll re-read it. I got most of it, but I couldn't fully understand it. A little over my head...Is it imperative the caps be "formed" prior to useage, or will they eventually "form" from useage? Maybe you make sure the first time you power the amp with the new caps you leave the amp 'ON" for a full 24 hours or something, but, as I said, it's all way above my paygrade...
    Sutton Rigg

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof

Sutton, you already had to send back one example of questionable caps, does 30-40 dollars saved really make that much difference? When you're cleaning up the mess I can tell ya NO!!
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014

Administrator
    Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof

They will eventually form on their own. What Joe is trying to get us to do is to put them in service with known and consistent characteristics, which directly affects service life, and we know how he is about that.
    taking something that's already good, and making it better...........and for the knowing smiles that cross their faces.......Nando-2011...

"Silence cannot be Misquoted"--Lazarus Short-2012 "

" I Just Collect Smiles Craig......Cheap Smiles!-----Fishoz-2017

"anything can be done, it's finding the easiest way that's hard"-----Bobbysdad--2014

" Synth percussion is deadly to children, house pets and shitty power supplies"---Stephen Evans 2014

" You have not reached the point of diminishing returns, you've just ran out of money

" The Pioneer U-24, unfortunately, is just too expensive and rare to find. That's why I have one."--Nando-2014